Thursday, March 12, 2009

Confessions of a Hippo Pencil Case


My name is Happy. I was born at NICI toy factory along with hundreds of my brothers /sisters (It’s hard to distinguish since we do not have any “thing” to tell us apart). Along with my brother Hippy, I was kept on display at Cute Point Stores. We would have an amazing time, smiling at the customers, glad that nobody bought us for a long time.

Then one day I was picked out by a cruel sadistic boy Sanket for his friend Tanvi (I thought I was meant for 8 year olds, though in a way I do feel I am owned by one!). She checked to see if my zipper was working (I felt violated) and bought me right away. After all, I am rather cute, even if I do say so myself. I was maliciously named “Hiphopper” and it makes me nauseous to even be remotely related to that slimy git called Daku Daddy. To this day, I am suffering from a severe identity crisis.

If you feel that the initial stages of my life were painful, the days that followed were excruciating. Probably the worst thing that happened to me was when Tanvi was transferred to C1. I came across a selection of vindictive teenagers. One of them, Vishal Keswani, whom I like to refer to as Wicked Vishal, would use me to clean table tops! My luscious fake grey fur turned greyer and I got a severe allergy from the dust, but do you think anyone actually noticed?

Another terror is Tishya Kaul. She derives pleasure by making me lie flat on my back (wonder what pleasure she gets out of it!), though I have nothing to hide (and nothing to show). If it weren’t for Ambreen Kazi, who immediately turns me over, I would have completely lost all respect for myself. She is an angel. I have the most humongous crush on her. If I could have one wish, I would want her to turn into a pencil case shaped like a hippo too (though would prefer her to be of the opposite sex, for even though I am not sure about mine I am certain that I am not homosexual). She is the light of my life, my reason to be alive.

I am extremely jealous of Gaurav Komera (since he seems to have a special bond with Ambreen). I am sure he is totally aware of my animosity. He freely molests me in front of a bunch of spectators. I feel like a puppet in his cruel hands. He makes me dance around as if I am his personal slave. The only thing that keeps me going is that this makes my Ambreen laugh. Oh how sweet is the sound of thy tinkling laughter, my fair Ambreen!

The other day, I had a brief reunion with my brother/sister, Hippy. A guy called Himanshu Masand asked Tanvi to get him a similar hippo case to the one she owns (me). I really hope he was gifting Hippy to some girl or else it would be extremely pansy of him to own one himself. I hope Hippy has a luckier and happier life outside the shop than I do.

There you go. I have spilt my heart out to you. The days I have seen, the things I have been through, I wouldn’t wish them on my worst enemy (Tishya, Gaurav, hmmmm). The only thing I want in return is to forever be near my darling Ambreen, and may she always fondle me till my last breath!

5 comments:

Ambreen Kazi said...

auwww ... go Happy !!!!
mwuuaahhhhhh !!

Amogh Ranadive said...

Extremely creative post! You should be proud! I mean, it's absolutely fantastic. Well written! Here's an 8 on 10 on your 8th standard English essay. Much better than the other kids in your class!

For a blog? No.

Unknown said...

awesome tanvi awesome

Tanvi N said...

@ ambreen and parv : thank u luv u guys :)
@ amogh : u actually used to write abt hippo molestation in 8th std? gee n here i thought u did OTHER stuff....

Anonymous said...

too good yaar!!! i never knew u had a blog! with hippos writing in it! lol...